I met Chloé Serfaty for about three years ago in London. We were both signed up for fashion courses at London College of Fashion and meet each other in class. The three days course was a beginning of our friendship and we speak together every week regardless of geographical distances. Chloe is a true Parisian girl who is born and raised in Paris and she still lives there (and she eats chocolate croissant/pain au chocolat every single morning). She has travelled all over the world and gets inspired by that but her heart will always be in Paris.
Chloé and I in Paris in March this year. I have visited Chloé several times in Paris, and she has visited me in London. We even did a vacation together in Biarritz where we surfed and explore the city in the summer 2014.
Chloé founded her own luxury shoe company, Daryn Moore as she wanted to create her own luxury shoe univers. I have followed her journey from the beginning of Daryn Moore, and this girl has talent! She has an eye for details, like I have never seen before. She is a perfectionist above anything and she is very critical and not afraid of expressing her opinion.
I admire Chloé for her talent, belief in herself, and her drive. Many people talk with no action but Chloé is all about action.
This girl is very passionated about fashion and especially shoes, luxury shoes. The first thing her eyes sees are shoes, and then secondly the person.
I have huge belief in this girl and for her company and I want to share a Q&A with Chloé about her inspiration, motivation, and dreams:
- Q:What is your currently project that you are working on?
- A: In Florence, Daryn Moore third collection for Autumn Winter 2016. I am quite excited about it as a new manufacture entered the project, which is none other than Tabitha Simmons master cobbler. In Paris, Daryn Moore new strategies with Totem, a great press agency that just took over the brand. I have a great belief with them.
- Q: How did you end up doing what you do today?
- A: I still wonder sometimes (laugh). I’d say it came from my fascination for every technical aspect of the shoe. I rapidly felt the need to create my own brand in order to follow all processes, which means to me the true understanding of design.
- Q: Did you set goals about where you wanted to be?
- A: In one year, seeing my fourth collection selling in international luxury department stores, and having found a small team of brilliant people to work with.
In three years, opening a Daryn Moore boutique in New York, idealistically on Madison Avenue, building an office in Florence with a team of product developers…and having everything to enable me to consider the next three years in total peace.
- Q: What inspires you in life?
- A: Art from the beginning of the 20th century, photography, lingerie.
The seasons. With a heartbeat for Autumn and Winter. I just love to see the time going by through seasons. Time would be so sad without them.
Above all, traveling is a true source of inspiration, even when not directly linked to fashion. Just randomly meeting with new and different people can be an inspiration in life.
My friends. And my family who inspired my ambitions and self confidence.
- Q: What motivates you?
- A: Beauty. And risks.
- Q: How do you take care of your body?
- A: Mostly with Clarins. And a bit of Yoga.
- Q: What is your food item/s of indulgence?
- A: Chocolate.
- Q: What is your beauty secret/tip?
- A: Never do too much. You will only look as other beautiful girls.
- Q: What is you next goal?
- A: Finding the right people to work with in order to develop my shoe brand. I just feel that the key for Daryn Moore next stage is right there. This adventure is all about hard work, entourage, and a bit of luck.
Below are some of the Daryn Moore shoes from the spring/summer 16 collection