This week’s inspirational person in Chanel Forsström, who is a Swedish beauty with a brain and a passion for food.
I met Chanel on a photoshoot in Ibiza 3 and a half years ago where we were booked for a campaign together (picture below=). We have stayed in touch since and have afterwards been meeting in both Paris and London. Chanel has a positive energy to the extend that she makes you feel appreciated and good about yourself. She has courage and ambitions and is not afraid of saying them and I completely admire that! She works hard with both modeling and university and when she sets a goal she does not let anything stop her on her way. She is a fighter and passionated person who I admire and find inspiration from in her approach to life.
I have made a Q&A with Chanel about goals, life, and inspiration, which I hope you can use to find inspiration to your own life, like I do:
Q&A with Chanel:
Chanel is my name, and I am a energetic 22 year old girl from Stockholm, Sweden, who has 2 instagram accounts (@nellifors & @chaneltoldyou) that describes me quite well. One as the life of a student at Stockholm School of Economics, who works as full-time model, and another one as the passionated and healthy foodie, who travels to eat and is constantly searching for the best food places around.
- Q: What is your currently project that you are working on?
- A: I am currently working as a fulltime model in London. In the meantime, I am developing my food instagram and blog named ?Chanel told you?. Where I review all the food places I visit, which is loads. I also include some other fun things that describe me well, such as my worklife, health interest, fashion etc.
- Q: How did you end up doing what you do today?
- A: The modeling started when I was just about to finish high school. I enjoyed it and continued as I started the university, it was the best and most well paid extra job I have ever had. Eventually, I took a gap year to do it full time in Paris, after that amazing year I went back to finish my second year of studies, and now I have another gap year, but this time in lovely London. The modeling has been a great opportunity to meet new people, experince new places, have reasonable spare time to do other things I like.. and on top of it all, actually earn money.
As for the food, it has always been a passion of mine. I am very outgoing and curious so eating out has especially been something I enjoy and prefer. As a model I have also travelled a lot which has given me the opportunity to explore different cities and cultures by eating my way trough them. In comparison to others, I plan my trips after my reservations and not exhibitions, it has just always been my kind of culture.
- Q: Did you set goals about where you wanted to be?
- A: Since I was 13 years old, I knew I wanted to go to Stockholm School of Economics. I have one year left on my bachelors degree and after that I will most likely work with marketing. My dream is to be able to work with food in some way, like for example within the restaurant- and hotel buisness, or health industry. My biggest goal is to one day run my own company, who consult or maybe build or sculpture different ?brands? such as different food places, hotels or perhaps even fitness and spa locations.
- Q: What inspires you in life?
- A: People who are driven, creative and hard working, but most importantly those who pursue their dreams, no matter how big or small they might be. Traveling is also something that has become a great inspiration for me lately, to see new places, experience new cultures, food and people really broadens my mind.
- Q: What motivates you?
- A: The happiness in what I am doing. The combination of the modeling, the studies and Chanel told you, keeps me busy 24/7 and it gives me self-confidence to continue and also try new things, because I know I have something to fall back on. Considering how much time and effort I put into Chanel told you, with a smile on my lips, makes me realize how much I love doing it, and that motivates me to continue and do more of it. Other women that do their own thing really motivates me aswell.
- Q: How do you take care of your body?
- A: As a former elite squash player, health is always top of mind. I try to eat as healthy as possible during the weekdays. During those days, I avoid dairy, gluten and sugar because it affects my skin in a bad way. From friday afternoon until monday morning I indulge myself in to anything I want. Usually red wine, desserts, red meat and mashed potatoes with lots of sauce. I work out 3-4 times a week and walk everywhere. I try to vary my exercise, however, when I think something is really fun as I do with pilates right now, I tend to do it all the time.
- Q: What is your food item/s of indulgence?
- A: Pastries! I love muffins, brownies, carrot cake, pies.. you name it. Not to mention, all the delicious christmas pastries right now.
- Q: What is your beauty secret/tip?
- A: Facials. A good facial makes your skin shine like never before. If you want to do it at home, invest in a great peeling and mask.
- Q: What is your next goal?
- A: My next goal is to finish my studies and get my degree and continue to work on Chanel told you and see where it takes me. Last but not least, really enjoy my time as young woman with lots of irons in the fire, in one of the worlds best cities!
Follow the beautiful Chanel on Instagram here and her foodblog here
Get inspired with Chanel!