This week’s inspirational person is the Danish top model, Regitze Christensen. She is a rising star and have walked the catwalk for Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana and many many more. I met Regitze about four years ago on a modeling job together in Copenhagen. Later we have met in London for a burger dinner and now this girl is everywhere.
She is natural beauty with her two feet well grounded and she always wears a smile. This girl deserves all the success and she is working hard to for it, which is why she is an inspirational source to me and I hope you can get inspired by her too.
Below is Regitze in the newest Celine campaign – how stunning can one person be?!!
Q&A with Danish topmodel Regitze Christensen:
- Q: What is your currently project that you are working on?
- A: Recently I decided that I no longer want to travel back and forth almost every day for jobs where i literally live in hotels and airports alone. I know its part of my job to travel – but JESUS its sooo damn lonely. Therefore I wanna give my carrier a shot and move to New York this March.. It’s now or never. I am going to work my ass of, earn a lot of money and then go back again to lovely copenhagen after some years and then have some children. haha.. (ok I need to find a man first of all). So right now I am waiting for my next step to happen and I cannot wait to see how my future will look like and how crazy my carrier will develop. Anything can happen and I love it! But before moving to New York I need to survive and kick ass on the runway during the four fashion weeks (NYC, London, Milan and Paris). It is so hard, but it pays off in the end.
- Q: How did you end up doing what you do today?
- A: I wish my story was the same as most of the other big models, being spotted at McDonalds eating fries and burgers all drunk in the middle of the night. But no – me, myself and I sent some pictures taken by my friend from boarding school to Elite Copenhagen 5 years ago. They called me really quickly to make me step by the agency and after some few months I signed a contract with them. In the beginning I felt like being a model was somehow a title and price you could get for being pretty enough. So I didn’t see modelling as a hard working job but more like a something you won or a public approval which you could show off with “look, its official, i AM fabulous”. If you asked me 4-5 years ago what I wanted to do with my life, I would say “soon studying psychology”. Cause to me modelling was not a serious job. To be honest my agency didn’t believe in me the first 3 years during high school (I understand why). I was all focused on partying thursday, friday + saturday and was NOT in my best shape. I was not ready and aware of that I could get this far and be where I am now. So I was so unprofessional when it came to the modelling part. I 3rd grade I suddenly realized that school was soon over and I needed to figure out wether I wanted to give modelling a serious shot or started studying. Of course I grabbed my once-in-a-life-time chance and started as a full time model. Not everyone gets this opportunity. I started focusing and as soon as I want something in life – I go for it – and I go for the very best. So I’ve been living in shitty cheap models apartments for loooong time, way to long time, in Milan, London, Paris and Barcelona. To begin with I didn’t earn any money and nobody really believed in me, but I did! I kept going and worked hard with the thought of being something big one lucky day. Those years payed off and I signed with The Society Management in NYC January 2015.. Thats when I really felt like something big happened to my carrier. I started with the fashion weeks in NYC a year ago, and since then it all happened so fast. Now I am here, have been shooting big campaigns, walked huge shows and I am not done at all. It’s just the beginning of something big..
- Q: Did you set goals about where you wanted to be?
- A: Like I tried to describe.. as soon as I focus on something I want to be the best and do my best. In the beginning I didn’t set goals because of my non existing awareness of the industry. But when I started full time working my goal was to continue until I don’t want to do this anymore, not until I CAN’T but until i WON’T. That’s still my goal. I wanna continue as long as I’m happy, but one day I do want to have children and move back to lovely Copenhagen.
- Q: What inspires you in life?
- A: PEOPLE!!!! I’ve always been crazy attracted to people who are aware of and believe in them selfs. I’m really interested in psychology and I am good at reading and opening people. People often feel safe and comfortable with me which make them be honest – I can’t think of a bigger acknowledgement. I am never judging cause to me all thoughts and actions are natural (unless you are a psychopath). Therefore I am more interested in understanding the reason why you are doing these things or why you have this desire. Rules and limits are in my head for people who are afraid of living. I am always challenging and developing my own personality. You learn something your whole life and its never to late to change something. Showing feelings and being completely honest is the strongest and most inspiring way of living in my opinion. I am really straight forward and I always search and feel connected to people who are not afraid of being themselves 100%. So I know with myself that I someday will work with people’s mindset.
- Q: What motivates you?
- A: My family. My family means the world to me because the thing about my family is that I know for sure they will always be there for me and support me anytime. I have a huge family with a lot of siblings and two loving parents. They are all some crazy characters in different ways. I have a very lively, deep, loving, funny and trustful family. A lot of people who know me haven’t met a bigger family person than me. Family first! Always! Love, honesty, happiness and compliments are my biggest motivations from people I care about. And I love complimenting other people if I think they deserve it – I don’t understand when people compete and are to proud to let another person shine for a minute. What do you loose? You loose mutual love!
- Q: How do you take care of your body?
- A: It’s all about having a perfect balance. I don’t believe in rules about what is right and wrong to eat. I did set up some rules to my self in the beginning where I could not eat rice, pasta, bread, sauce, candy, bread, cake.. you name it. I didn’t know what it was like to be healthy and loose weight. I have always been eating my dads fatty food with a lot of sauce, mashed butter potatoes and meat. That’s why I thought you could not be slim and fit and still eat everything. The rules did not work at all because what happens is that you start craving, and as soon as you start “letting” you eat this “prohibited” food you loose control and start overeating. That’s what I did and what a lot of other people do too. I went back to my previous way of eating but upgraded it to a healthier level. I eat something unhealthy everyday almost – but just a little bit. I eat everything but in moderate portions. That is why I can eat whatever I want and stop when my body has had enough – because it’s no longer forbidden and I also want to be able to eat a burger tomorrow. If I for example know that I am going to have burgers with my friends then I am eating a healthy breakfast, lunch and in between meals + I walk everywhere. I am never with the bus, metro etc. unless I am to busy or its to long a walk. Walking makes spaces for delicious food – and I really LOOOOVE LOVE LOOOOVE good food. I better walk and eat than sleep and starve. Besides that I work out 3-4 times a week. Lifting weights, yoga and sometimes run (but running is so boring to me but good for my heart).
- Q: What is your food item/s of indulgence?
- A: CRISPY OVEN BAKED OR TOASTED WARM BREAD WITH SALTED BUTTER!!!! Haha.. I don’t know why – but I’m crazy in love with lunches. Nothing better than a good dirty warm sandwich, toast and bagel. I like dessert – but I prefer salty good heavy food. And I am huge cheese and ham lover with a lovely glass of wine. I prefer starters than dessert.. Ok cheese for dessert I want too.
- Q: What is your beauty secret/tip?
- A: Oh I hate that question. I never know what to answer. I never do anything. I start my day with a huge glass of water. Water, enough sleep, some work-out and a variation in your diet shows off in your skin, glow and energy. I am lucky that I have a clean face – thanks for that! So the only thing i do is taking a shower and put some daily creme in my face every morning + concealer, bronzer and a bit of mascara if i feel for it.
- Q: What is you next goal?
- A: Hmm, workwise I wanna be the biggest model I can ever be. I do have a dream of being a Victoria’s Secret angel – so cliché. They are so sexy, with a real woman’s body, fit and healthy. I want to do some huge makeup/parfume campaigns. I am a little impatient as a person, ok maybe a bit more than a little. haha. So I cannot wait to see what will happen. Besides my work I still want to work on my personality to get even stronger, more loving and be even more aware of myself than I already am. I know it is wrong to be desperate. People always tell me “you never get what you search for, he will appear in your life someday” But I seriously cannot help it. I am desperate for god sake. Feeling loved is the best feeling in the world and I cannot wait to find the love of my life and share it with him. I am a relationship kinda girl – but until then I enjoy every single day of my life and use the period of being single to learn more about my self.. That’s me
Get inspired with Regitze Christensen