I have become obsessed with banana loaf and this time I have added some acai superfruit powder in it too! The banana loaf is sugar free, gluten-free and you name it -so yes, you can eat it and feel good. However it feels like indulgence because it tastes so good but then after eating some slices your stomach and mind does not feel bad.
And yes, if you are wondering why I am posting about food now and not fashion and travel, then it is because I will also post about food snacks because it is a part of my lifestyle. Eating good, and having the best snacks is a big part of my lifestyle because I always have some snacks with me because many times never know when I have time to eat a proper meal. So instead of eating a chocolate bar full of sugar or other unhealthy on-the-go snacks, I have nuts, carrots, veggie crips, or other snacks with me. And now, banana bread is m newest healthy snack which I have also served as dessert sometimes.
How you make this Guilt free Acai Banana Loaf:
¼ cup milk of your choice (almond, hemp, rice, soy?) I used soy milk
6 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. acai powder from Acai Acai
2 ¼ cups mashed ripe bananas (approximately 5 medium bananas)
1 cup quinoa flour
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. sea salt
1 cup chopped nuts + seeds (I used walnuts, pecans, and pumpkin seeds)
6 Tsp. of coco flour
2 Tsp coconut sirup (or agave sirup or honey)
2 Tsp. of hemp seeds (not a must)
1. Preheat oven to 175 Celsius degrees.
2. Line an 8? x 8? cake pan or loaf pan with baking paper, or lightly oil and dust with flour, shaking out excess.
3. Put all ingredients expect for nuts in a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Put the mixture in a large bowl and all the nuts. You may cut the nuts in to smaller pieces – depending on how big you want the nuts in the banana loaf.
5. Pour into a cake pan and top the banana loaf with some coconut flour. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (time varies greatly according to oven ? mine takes about 40 minutes, but between 30-60 minutes. Check periodically after the half hour mark.
Julie and her banana loaf