This week’s inspirational focus is the cool designer, of one of my favourite Danish brands Gestuz, Sanne Sehested. I met Sanne a couple of years ago at a Gestuz press event where Sanne was presenting the newest Gestuz collection. Sanne was stylish, confident, talented, and with an amazing energy. I was sitting in a wooden chair drinking my coffee and observing her, and after the succesful event I thought, “Sanne is that kind of woman I want to be” – she just had “it”. Very hard to explain but since meeting her I have fallen more in love with the brand. And I wear if often and I wear it with proudness.
Therefore I want to focus on this cool ambitious stylish Sanne to get more knowledge about her and to spread it out to all of you guys.
Below are Sanne’s favourite pictures from the newest Gestuz campaign. Following is the Q&A with Sanne about her motivation and ambitions with Gestuz.
Q&A with Sanne Sehested, creative director of Gestuz:
- Q: What is your currently project that you are working on?
- A: We just started up a new collection, Pre Spring 18, so right now we are working with the color palette, fabrics and prints to create the story.
- Q: How did you end up doing what you do today?
- A: It has been a long journey, I started working in buying and with product development. I started Gestuz in 2008
- Q: Did you set goals about where you wanted to be?
- A: No actually I did not. I have always dreamt about having my own brand and design for myself, so when I had the chance to start Gestuz the decision was easy for me, I could not pass that opportunity
- Q: What inspires you in life?
- A: I am inspired a lot of different elements, people inspire me a lot, cool girls around the world is my main source of inspiration. But also music, art and travel keeps inspiring me
- Q: What motivates you?
- A: My passion for what I do drives me everyday, I am always motivated for the next collection, the hardest part is to control all my ideas, I love making collections!
- Q: How do you take care of your body?
- A: I work out 4 times a week, to stay fit and give my body and mind energy, I just feel better when I take care of my body
- Q: What is your food item/s of indulgence?
- A: I have a weakness for French fries
- Q: What is your beauty secret/tip?
- A: Use high SPF in the face all year, get your sleep, drink a lot of water and start everyday with a strong ginger shot
- Q: What is you next goal?
- A: It is to see Gestuz grow even bigger worldwide and have our own stores in the biggest cities in Europe
Get inspired with Sanne like me and follow Gestuz on Instagram here